Hi Guys! Today I am going to share “how to fix broken makeup with witch hazel” with you all.
This morning I was very upset and heartbroken as I dropped my Oriflame Pure Colour Pressed Powder accidentally while organizing my makeup.
I immediately googled my problem and was relieved to find a hack on WikiHow. Thanks to Google!
I wanted to try it on camera so that I can share if the results are positive because sometimes the hacks you see on Google don’t work in reality. It might have happened with you as well that your favorite makeup is broken or may happen in the future which I wish doesn’t. Don’t worry! Get relieved. This hack really works and requires no huge investment! It also works for converting loose pigments and broken eyeshadows, blushes and highlighters into pressed form.
The only ingredient required to change the game was 70% Rubbing Alcohol (Basic Drugstore Alcohol or Surgical Spirit) all over the internet. We can’t really find it easily without a medical prescription here in India, so I assumed that this hack wouldn’t work for me. While I was keeping the compact powder back, I saw Alcoholic Witch Hazel (Astringent) in my wardrobe. I knew what I had to do. I decided to replace Rubbing Alcohol with Witch Hazel as it also has a good amount of alcohol in it. I was a little unsure but I am really happy as my take on this hack really worked.
Without further ado, let’s see how you can fix broken makeup at home within minutes without much effort and no huge investment.
Transfer the powder into a bowl for mixing it easily.
2. Crash the broken compact into a fine powder using a toothpick.
3. Transfer Alcoholic Witch Hazel or Rubbing Alcohol into a container or a cap. I used approximately 20 ml Witch Hazel for 20 gm of pressed powder. The amount of Alcoholic Witch Hazel or Rubbing Alcohol you require depends on the absorbent property of your pressed powder so there is no exact measurement of how much alcohol you require.
4. Pour around 5 ml Alcoholic Witch Hazel or Rubbing Alcohol in the bowl. Do not add all at once.
5. Mix really well.
6. Go on by adding more alcohol as required.
7. Keep on mixing until you achieve a foundation like consistency and there are no lumps.
8. Clean up the compact powder pan.
10. Finally, pat the pan on the floor gently to remove air bubbles and set the mixture in place.
11. Leave it to dry out for at least overnight or a day if possible. Don’t worry there will be no alcoholic smell to bother you.
I hope you found this post useful. If yes, don’t forget to share this post, comment on it and follow my blog.