I wanted to try it on camera so that I can share if the results are positive because sometimes the hacks you see on Google don’t work in reality. It might have happened with you as well that your favourite makeup is broken or may happen in the future which I wish doesn’t. Don’t worry! Get relieved.. This hack really works and requires no huge investment! It also works for converting loose pigments and broken eyeshadows, blushes and highlighters into pressed form.
2. Crash the broken compact into a fine powder using a toothpick.
3. Transfer Alcoholic Witch Hazel or Rubbing Alcohol in to a container or a cap. I used approximately 20 ml Witch Hazel for 20 gm of pressed powder. The amount of Alcoholic Witch Hazel or Rubbing Alcohol you require depends on the absorbent property of your pressed powder so there is no exact measurement of how much alcohol you require.
4. Pour around 5 ml Alcoholic Witch Hazel or Rubbing Alcohol in the bowl. Do not add all at once.
5. Mix really well.
6. Go on by adding more alcohol as required.
7. Keep on mixing until you achieve a foundation like consistency and there are no lumps.
8. Clean up the compact powder pan.
10. Finally pat the pan on the floor gently to remove air bubbles and set the mixture in place.
11. Leave it to dry out for atleast over night or a day if possible. Don’t worry there will be no alcoholic smell to bother you.
|Yahoo! My compact powder is ready to use again!|
I hope you found this post useful. If yes, don’t forget to share this post, comment on it and follow my blog. It would mean a lot to me. Let me know in the comments below if you found this post useful and suffered the same situation ever?